
Last night I was able attend the Premiere of the HBO movie RECOUNT. My mom, her twin sister and my cousin sommer all work at the Duval Supervisor of Elections so they were able to get tickets. I was glad to go out with the girls and be apart of the event. The movie was filmed in Jacksonville and was about the 2000 U.S. presidential election and the subsequent recounts in Florida. The only part I didn't appreciate was the 'SNL like' interpretation they gave of Secretary of State, Katherine Harris. I guess the movie was looking for some comic relief and Katherine Harris was an easy target. I just didn't feel it had its place in this movie to the extreme that they took it. Here are some pictures from the evening.


all the supervisor of election ladies and their guest at the election office (some of the movie was filmed here)
Waiting in line *YES, it was my corny idea to hold up the tickets :P*
Thursday, May 15, 2008
RECOUNT
Posted by Ashlee Davis at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment