I will admit that I was a little overwhelmed when I found out that I was going to have a second baby just 16 months after having Nathan. I wasn't so much concerned about how I would handle two 'babies'; I worried mostly about the 'attention' that would be taken from Nathan (as if he wasn't already the first and got 16 months of me to himself and Kaylee would never get that).
I did find some encouragement when I started to discover how many people around me had siblings close to them or how many moms had children close together themselves. However, I did struggle with their closeness up until the day I had Kaylee.
The day I brought home Kaylee all my fears were miraculously calmed and I knew that this was God's plan for our family. I vividly remember holding Kaylee, all swaddled up and playing with Nathan on the floor, thinking everything is going to fine.
Now I look back on how silly all my worry was leading up to Kaylee. I adjusted fine to having two small children and actually found myself enjoying staying home more. (or maybe I didn't have time to think about anything else but staying home and taking care of a newborn and a 1 1/2 yr old)
This 'walk down memory lane' was sparked by watching/listening to Nathan and Kaylee play yesterday while I cooked. It has been for many months now that Nathan and Kaylee have been playing together in each other rooms and hours will go by and I realize how well they are playing together.
For the first time they played 'school'!!! The Lord blessed me with a great older brother but our stages were hardly ever together; so i played a lot with Christina Zander *Horton* - a friend that lived next door! One of my FAVORITE things to play over at her house was school so it was so neat to hear Nathan, Kaylee and all the dolls/animals playing school.
Then Nathan and Kaylee lined up two small chairs and played train. I was impressed by their creativity because I have never done anything like this with them. Nathan and Kaylee took turns being the engine/caboose and the engineer would blow his whistle and they would talk about where they were going.
Later that afternoon they put a big stuffed horse on top of our coffee table and got all their medical equipment together to work on their 'sick' horse. It was so cute to hear their medical conversations and to see their gentleness and care towards their patient.
Finally before dinner, baths and bed they got the crayons and coloring books out to color together; it was a beautiful day here. I am sure there were times yesterday I had to handle small situations of misbehavior but I can't remember any of those situations like I can the others mentioned above! Sadly, no pictures for this post (could have had some sweet ones) but I do think it would be neat to have some pictures from our everyday life instead of just special occasions, so that is my new goal for the coming weeks!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
nathan and kaylee
Posted by Ashlee Davis at 9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sounds as if you have VERY sweet children. I am sure the fights will come, but just remember these days.
What a blessing it must be to have two children that are getting the chance to grow up together and create memories that you all will remember forever. :)
Post a Comment