Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No Sew Project

Slowly, I am beginning to explore what little bit of creativity I have! I bought my first glue gun and some tacky glue back a couple months ago to start making Kaylee some of those BIG southern ribbon bows. I have been somewhat successful when I remember to buy ribbon.


Today I decided to fix a pretty ugly problem I had with Kaylee's Toy Chest/Bench. Last Christmas we bought her the cutest white toy chest. The only problem that I realized as soon as it came in the mail was that white cloth cushion on the top could not be detached for cleaning! Sure enough after a couple months it started looking dingy! I finally bought some fabric and decided to velcro on a cover. This turned out to be a quick, easy and cheap project! I even like it better then when we first got it and I can now take it off to clean.





Last, I wanted to show another 'crafty' thing I have been doing for Bday presents for little ones. They are a super easy,cute, personal and practical gifts. I call them refrigirator name magnet clip boards...ok i just made that up, maybe you can come up with something cuter :)

8 comments:

Tara Libby said...

I am very impressed!!! It looks great!

Ashlee Davis said...

thanks tara :) maybe you will get a cale fridge magnet in a couple weeks haha

Brittania Garden Photoart said...

the bench looks so much better!
i finally started making isabella hairbows too. they're so easy to make, i don't know what took me so long to do it!

Ali said...

cute projects, ashlee!!!

looking forward to seeing you in november!

Lyndsay Almeida said...

you crafty devil, you!
fun projects. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute projects! I'm definitely most impressed by the bench. It did wonders!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are so creative! Too cute! The bench looks great

Melissa said...

Very nice Ashlee!! I really like that bow.