
In February of this year the group of musicians/friends that I have played with for weddings and events finally made things official by becoming a business partnership. The core group is a string quartet that has been playing together for well over ten years. We decided to call ourselves, The String Group. The name came along almost as a default; that is what people would call us no matter what name we picked. ‘The String Group’ also seemed to be more professional and would pull some more corporate gigs our way!
Along with our instrumental services, we now offer and promote our music coordination service for events. The String Group has contract musicians for solo instruments; harp, trumpet, sax, flute, oboe, violin, viola, cello, clarinet and piano along with vocal soloist and Jazz Combos.
We are happy working with any client:
•a client that wants us to handle all the musical selections for their event
•a client that has a general idea of what they want but needs a little assistance pulling it all together
•a client that has made all the musical choices themselves and just needs us to hire the musicians.
The String Group serves Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia and can be visited on the web at www.thestringgroup.com or contacted via email at thestringgroup@aol.com



photos taken by Van-Wright Photography
Monday, April 28, 2008
The String Group
Posted by Ashlee Davis at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh I'm so honored you came by my blog today! I just listened to a sample piece of your quartet performing Canon in D and I got those goosebumps you have when you're seated in a wedding hall watching the bride walk down the aisle! I'm only eighteen now, but someday when I'm getting married, it would be wonderful to get a hold of you!
Yours,
Jo
Ashlee,
I stumbled on your blog through a comment that you made on another blog. Your children are adorable.
Tiffany (Bristowe) Floyd
Those pictures are beautiful!
Post a Comment