Today was the last day of MOPS for the spring. I admit, when I first started going to MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) over three years ago I felt like I would be more comfortable going to a high school event. The first semester I just couldn’t find my place. I continued to come because the lessons each week were home/family centered and I knew that is what I needed. Once I joined leadership and made a couple friends I really started to look forward to the social part of MOPS.
My favorite thing about MOPS has been the unique group of girls that the Lord has brought together. Unlike most of the programs I have been a part of; at MOPS, if you go to FBC JAX you are in the minority. Although the meetings are held at FBC JAX and the leadership is set up out of FBC members, the membership for MOPS is open to all moms that have children under five. This means that there are several churches throughout Jacksonville represented and we all come together to become better Christian mothers/wives/ladies. I have also found MOPS to be a great program to invite other moms to. Women that I see at the grocery store, parks, restaurants, or mall with young ones like myself are always open to talk about MOPS more than their salvation/church home. Also, coming to MOPS as a first visit to our church is much less intimating than a Sunday morning.
The lessons each week have always been what keep me coming back to MOPS! Mrs. Carol Bacon is our Mentor Mom and she has been in MOPS for eight years. Other 'Moms Morning Out Programs' I have looked into are all about the mom having a good social time away from her kids and are fearful of offending their members by incorporated too much scripture. Well above the social I need the lessons each week and Mrs. Bacon has never disappointed! Each week I walk away with at least five powerful scriptures to memorize and bring into my daily walk as a mother/wife. Sadly, for personal reasons Mrs. Bacon has to step down as our mentor mom. However, in the same breath I know God has another Godly Woman already in line to bring His Word to us next fall. I am even now in prayer for this woman and God’s preparation on her heart.
Some pictures from our lunch today....



These were Nathan and Kaylee's Teachers this semester


Tuesday, April 29, 2008
MOPS
Posted by Ashlee Davis at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great pictures!
I heard about the summer Bibe study. I was very excited. Let me know details when you know them.
I think I may take off one day from work and come hang out with some mops....I'm tired at looking at general ledger numbers all day:(
Post a Comment