Friday, January 23, 2009

25 random things and Honest Scrap

Killing two birds with one post - - My Facebook friends have started a 25 random things and my blogger friends have passed on an Honest Scrap Award award to me.

1. I have at least 10 things I should be doing instead of creating this list - washing my hair, cleaning the sand, play dough and oatmeal off the kids craft table, ironing my hubby's clothes for sunday, getting nathan ready for school, folding the dry towels, going to walmart to get a bday present for a party tomorrow... etc!

2. I usually eat my breakfast and lunch standing up or at least that is what it feels like. If I am not standing up i am getting up and down from the table 20 times. Ex, This morning my breakfast was a banana and I ate it walking around the house while I was cleaning. It could be the next BIG Diet Trend, Burn calories while you eat....all moms know what I am talking about, feeding yourself and tending to kids eating or moving on to the next - sometimes you don't even feel like you ate.

3. I do have a lot of energy, I was a very well controlled, channeled hyper kid (without meds lol) I see a lot of myself in the way Nathan my oldest is so busy. I just know that i have to up my skills to turn his energy into something productive and not just chaos.

4. I play the violin and have for 20 years. I am so grateful for the investment my parents put into my life by taking me to lessons and being the parents 'making' me stay in it even during those awkward Middle School years when I thought it wasn't the coolest. I love playing in trios, quartets and my church orchestra. I like playing in smaller ensembles where my contribution is most needed and heard but don't care for solos. I recently decided to push myself in that direction (solos) a little; I think I would grow even more as a musician.

5. I guess I can't tell a random thing about myself without writing a paragraph....

6. If it were my choice the world would go to bed at 2:00 am and wake up at 10 am. I am such a night owl!! I get most motivated to organize, get things done at about 10:00. It is so hard for me to go to bed before 11:00 pm. I have always been this way - even though i worked at the YMCA for a year getting to work at 5:00am and enjoyed getting work done with by 2:00 pm

7. I find it challenging/fun to make conversation with people that don't talk much, i try to pick up on their signals if they don't want to be talked to or they are annoyed but if not I get all I can out of them.

8. I loved growing up in Bryceville, FL. My neighborhood - Sunowa Springs Trail was so ideal to me. It was a 'subdivision' with each house sitting on 3 - 10 acres of land. I got the feeling of country life but had lots of neighbors with kids my age and we made LOTS of FUN memories together. And Jacksonville was only 35 min away so you could take advantage of the city life when you needed to.

9. I have never not had long hair and am in the process of convincing myself to try something 'new' It will grow back and i think it is silly that I have gone 20 years with the same hair style? (rose is going to say "yeah right, she won't change her hair")

10. I live in Florida but don't wear flip flops all the time. I really just wear them to the beach and around the house! Don't know why I haven't jumped on that bandwagon but I haven't. I have one pair and they were bought at walgreens *and they are ugly* lol. I like sandals, dress shoes and my RUNNING Shoes!!!

11. I ran for the first time in 10th grade and haven't stopped lol. I told my dad I was going to run around our block (1.5 mile) and for the first time running, ran it twice with no problems. I guess it was natural to my body. I haven't been one for the speed of running but love distance. I did get my 3 mile down to 22 min and thought that was pretty good. I have done a 1/2 marathon and a sprint triathlon since having 2 kids and love working toward a running goal.

12. I only get the mail from the mailbox about twice a week, i know my mailman hates me! It gets so full lol!

13. We get the newspaper everyday but never read it and don't pay for it. We called when we first moved into this house, July of 06 and told the newspaper people that we don't pay for the service and we are new owners and don't want the paper. I called them for several months, even tried letting the newspapers collect on the driveway - 5 at a time, thinking the delivery guy would get the idea. But I am not going as far as to get up and tell him myself, it is there every morning before daniel even leaves for work, about 5:30.

14. I like to sing harmony! I love singing in a group but haven't got the chance to since High School. I am very exited to start singing in a group at my Church again; thanks Damian!

15. I am hot and cold about keeping a 'perfect' house. I need to work on maintaining but do enjoy my 2-3 marathon cleaning times during the week. I have private violin lessons in my home twice a week and have my parents or daniel's over most weekends for something so it gets clean for that. Sometimes I don't know how I turn things around to what I do.

16. I secretly want to be so mad/in an argument with someone that I get the chance to throw a cold beverage and ice all over them and their clothes, hahaha lol, the dark side!!

17. I eat peanut butter on something everyday, usually peanut butter toast. Never get tired of it!

18. I am not even at 20 and think i am done but am pretty impressed with you if you have read this far down! I will TRY to shorten things up and use someother facts I have from a similiar post done months ago, the above were original to this challenge :P

19. I sometimes call Daniel at work just to see what he had for lunch if I didn't make his lunch that day.

20. I use the grocery cart that looks like a race car when I go Publix, and can't steer it really well.

21. I am not the best driver, not dangerous but hit lots of curbs (currently have one hubcap) and my own mailbox!!! *Sigh* I joked with the worker at the tire store when I was getting a new tire saying "I bet he could tell that I was an 'excellant' driver"

22. I am terrible with remembering important dates; birthdays, anniversaries, deaths. I don't remember dates, numbers well. I do however, buy random gifts for people when I see something I think they would like and give it to them then

23. I love fountain coca cola! It is a terrible thing, but I love the big gulp from your jiffy store with LOTS of ice! I know it is like $3.00 at some resturants now but is it really worth eating a meal out if you can't wash it down with a coke :P Luckily i don't buy it for the house!!

24. I love playing outside with my kids! I remember when nathan was even a newborn we would go outside and put a blanket down while I ate lunch and he got some tummy time.

25. I can't dance! lol

Here are the rules for the Honest Scrap
The rules of the award:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

0 comments: