I am far from the prayer warrior that I want/need to be! But, I have spent enough time before His throne to be AMAZED by the awesome power of prayer. I am NOT talking about simple one sentence prayers "Lord, please help Joe find a job" amen. I don't mean to sound like that isn't a prayer worth praying, I just know from being drawn deeper and deeper in my prayer life for some time now - there is something more and if we aren't careful we will MISS out on it!
This power and fulfillment I find in prayer is not directly found in God answering my prayers in the way I would see best. Although, I do rejoice in many situations I have prayed for and God HAS given me, or the person I am praying for above and beyond what we could have imagined or even asked for.
My JOY has been found in the closeness I fell to God and the hidden, sacred bond that is made between myself and the person/situation I am praying for. Not to mention the awesome opportunity to be apart of things MUCH bigger than yourself or anything you could ever come close to accomplishing or bringing about!! I have been brought to tears by seeing the Lord WORK in so many lives that I have been blessed to prayer for or with.
Specifically in High School I was blessed to be taught about the importance of prayer and thankfulness. My Sunday School Class was given journals to write a prayer journal and also things we are thankful for. Prayer 'list' is a common way to put this but I really hesitate to use that term. My prayer life is NOT a list that I go down and check off what I have prayed for. Although it may seem like a list, I DO not treat it that way.
There are many situations/people that I can look back and see that they have been in my prayer life on a weekly basis since late High School. Many of these situations have not been answered in anyway that I see a reason to stop praying! This is where the indescribable bond I am talking about comes in. I don't have to see these people on a weekly basis to grow closer to them, my time in prayer brings us closer and closer. I also know the amazing triumph felt when I see God begin to work in their lives and I have been able to invest my heart, prayers into their situation.
I really wrote this post because I can not remember a time that my heart has been drawn to pray for so many people and situations. I know this could be a sign of the times and I know you can relate. Although my heart is sometimes BURDENED by the situations I am praying for now, there is an anticipation of the JOY that I have experienced that comes from being a part of peoples live though the POWER OF PRAYER! I really find this to be a Light in the dark times we are living in right now and hope you will discover this Light in your own life!
Pray always and don't lose heart! Luke 18:1
Friday, January 30, 2009
Prayer Warriors
Posted by Ashlee Davis at 9:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment