Christmas and toys just seem to go so well together. However, when I think of Christmas and toys I don't think of this guy...
WOW, this toy will only take about 300 dollars from your chirstmas budget, if you even have that big of a budget. This animatronic, life-size 60lb baby dinosaur stands over 3 feet tall and comes to “life” with realistic sounds and motion. Responds to your voice and touch with roaring and laughing sounds, and expressive tail, head, eye, mouth and horn movements
WHAT CHILD NEEDS IMAGINATION THESE DAYS!
Well, my goal with this post is to reintroduce some of my favorite classic toys as well as any YOU think of. Hopefully with your help I will get a list of classic toys that require imagination, creativity, cultivate a love for learning or get a kid moving....it might even give you/me some quality gift giving ideas! If you think of any, you can either post on your own blog and let me know about your new post in a comment or just leave a comment. Try to get a picture of the toy and tell what age levels you think fit your idea.
Here is my first pick.....
ABC Blocks 6mo and up
My kids have some similar to these and ours even came with a canvas bag like the picture. My kids ask to get them down all the time. They are put up because they can cause quite a mess and leave a pleasant surprise for anyone finding their way in the dark. However, when we do get them down we do so many things with them; build, spell out words, put them in order, make up fun games.
I have several more ideas and may post again but I want to see what you guys come up with.
So, what are some of your favorite classic toys.....post on your own blog (let me know you did in a comment on this post) or just leave a comment about your idea.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Classic Toys
Posted by Ashlee Davis at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I saw that dino at Toys R Us. It is so ridiculous how much ppl spend on toys. Have you seen the pony that moves too?
Owen is getting a classic toy for Christmas. I can't wait!
no, i haven't seen the pony but I am sure I would be just as disgusted...
I completely agree - it's a bit crazy.
i totally agree ashlee! i'm going to post my picks on my blog right now :)
I'm glad to hear your kids like the letter blocks. I bought Savannah a set for Christmas and I've been wondering if she would enjoy them.
As far as classics go, Nathan can't wait for her to be old enough to play with leggos. :)
Post a Comment