Saturday, November 22, 2008

Friendship Bread


I baked my first Amish Friendship Bread today. This bread is designed to be baked and then sent along in a manner similiar to a chain letter. I recieved a portion of it from my cousin last Thursday night. She gave me a ziploc bag with the 'starter', 10 Day instructions and some peices from the bread she had baked. I am so glad she gave me some of her baked bread, it was a great motivator to make it myself. Now I have 3 starters to give away :) and one to keep to make it all again in 10 days. I think I am going to make it for Nathan's teachers and various friends for christmas.

Whenever I started mixing everything Nathan asked me what I was doing. I told him I was making bread and he laughed and told me that wasn't how you make bread. He proceeded to tell me that you go to the cabinet, get out the bread, open the bag and get a piece out. You can tell how much baking I do around here! lol

Now I have a huge mess to clean up. I also made some soup for dinner tonight and after church tomorrow so I have a lot of cleaning to do. But first, i think I am going to get a big glass of milk and eat some of my friendship bread.

1 comments:

JennaDK said...

My mom and me made about 8 pans of bread last week! Now talk about mess... but oh so good.