Friday, November 7, 2008

Family Date Night

AHHH! Tonight was wonderful. I don't remember the last time Daniel and I went on a date just to two of us. I know you are supposed to keep the 'date' night thing but I think that is somewhat a fantasy these days!! We are really enjoying being a family and doing things together, even if we stay home.

Well, tonight was the best date I have had since I can remember and the kids even came along. I had to go to the side of town Daniel's project is on so when he found out about that he suggested we meet up when he gets off work. He wanted to go to dinner and then take us to see his almost finished building.

The kids and I got all got ready at the house (you know, nicer than if we were just going to walmart) LOL! We got my few errands done and waited for Daniel at the Japanese Steak House. The dinner was perfect, not rushed and of course the kids enjoyed the whole presentation.

After dinner we went to Walmart....yes, it feels that sometimes I can't get out of the house without going to walmart; I always need something. I had to get some stuff for a family reunion we have tomorrow so Daniel took Nathan to the toy section while Kaylee and I shopped. Once I got done getting my food items I slowly made my way to the toy section (there is a lot of stuff to look at/stuff I all-of-the-sudden needed between the food and the toy section)
Well I didn't make it past the electronic section when I saw this boy riding down the center aisle on a bicicle...yes you guessed it, it was Nathan. He and Daniel had gotten a bike down and Nathan was racing down the center aisle. By the time he saw me he said with the biggest grin; this is what I want for Christmas, Mommy! We finally made our way out of walmart and were off to our next adventure.

Daniel then drove us to his jobsite in Nocatee. It is such a beautiful building and it will be completed the first of the year. (I will definitely post pictures of the building then) The kids put on their hard hats and we spent about 45 minutes touring the building and even going up on the roof. Nathan wants to go work with daddy now and told daniel he was a great worker :)



BTW, the kids had to hold on to the hats to whole time or else they would slip off when they looked down :)

Nathan evaluating the work




On our way back to get Daniel's truck we made a pit stop at Krispy Kreme!! The kids got to pick out their own doughnuts and we sat in the resturant and enjoyed ourselves and of course, the doughnuts.


>







Thankfully, the weekend isn't over! Tomorrow is my mother in law's family reunion in Savannah. I am looking forward to another day with family!

4 comments:

Ali said...

aw, this made me miss my family so much more!

Tara Libby said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!

Brianna said...

Tag...you're it! see my blog for details.

katrina said...

sounds like the perfect date night to me! i think i am going to plan one like this :)